Thursday, April 22, 2021

No Other Help I Know

God usually wakes me with a song in my heart and on my lips. I wake up singing unto the Lord. This morning's song is a hymn- "Father I Stretch My Hand to Thee". 

I LOVE hymns. This one immediately brings several scriptures to mind- Psalm 121:1; Psalm 46:1; Psalm 25:5;  Hebrews 12:2. I'm sure as I sing it and meditate on the words other scriptures will drop into my spirit. I encourage you to read these scriptures, meditate on them, read the below pasted lyrics, meditate on them, write down other scriptures which come to mind, read them, and meditate on them.  As you meditate on the Word of God, REST in God's presence. 

As you meditate on God's Word, my prayer for you is that you will: 1. Taste and see that God is good. 
2. Receive fullness of joy and the manifold blessings of God. 
3. Receive the mind of Christ, heart of the Father, and an appetite and passion for God and the things of God. 
4. Be positioned, pruned, and empowered to bear much fruit of the Spirit
5. Be strengthened in your faith to operate in the gifts of the Spirit. 
In Jesus name. Amen. Shalom!

Words: Charles Wes­ley, A Col­lect­ion of Psalms and Hymns 1741.
Music: Na­o­mi Hans G. Nรค­ge­li. Ar­ranged by Lo­well Ma­son, 1836 

Father, I stretch my hands to Thee,
No other help I know;
If Thou withdraw Thyself from me,
Ah! whither shall I go? 

What did Thine only Son endure,
Before I drew my breath?
What pain, what labor, to secure
My soul from endless death! 

O Jesus, could I this believe,
I now should feel Thy power;
Now my poor soul Thou wouldst retrieve,
Nor let me wait one hour. 

Surely Thou canst not let me die;
O speak, and I shall live;
And here I will unwearied lie,
Till Thou Thy Spirit give. 

Author of faith, to Thee I lift
My weary, longing eyes:
O let me now receive that gift!
My soul without it dies! 

The worst of sinners would rejoice,
Could they but see Thy face:
O, let me hear Thy quickening voice,
And taste Thy pardoning grace.

Listen to the Morgan State University Choir's rendition of this beautiful,  timeless hymn: https://youtu.be/Z8PkINdctoM

In His name,
Dr. Lyn 


11 comments:

  1. Thank you Dr. Lyn for this powerful affirming message. The timing is so perfect. We are in need of comforting and assuring times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HALLELUJAH ❣ God is so goood❣I was singing this song this morning in my personal praise and worship time. Thank you for sharing "Soldier of God"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. I'm not sure I've heard this hymn before but it was just what I needed to hear today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, thanks Dr. Lyn!!๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallelujah. Thank you for sharing. Our Father is so awesome, the way in which He has graced us to desire Him first thing when we wake. A song for today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ I love ❤️ you and you are a beautiful woman of God inside and out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing. This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a God in heaven who knows just what we need and when we need it. Thank you for sharing the scriptures and lyrics of hymns. I will meditate on them and rest in his presence. Be blessed and thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete