Thursday, December 17, 2020

Hosanna In the Highest

Most mornings God wakes me with a song in my heart. Approximately 40 days prior to the passing of my first born son, God woke me up with a song in my heart and the fragrance of heaven in the room. 
Ancient Middle Eastern Religious tradition holds that 40 days prior to a person's death God drops a leaf from a tree below the heavenly throne, on which an angel reads the name of the person whose soul is to separated from their body. This angel doesn't act independently,  but is only informed by God when time has come for that person's soul is to be separated from their body. The song was James Cleveland's God Has Smiled on Me. The fragrance was like fresh cut roses, rose water, or a rose perfume.

The song in my heart this morning 12/16/20 is Hosanna (Earnest Pugh).
Listen here: https://youtu.be/buobk3XO3Xs. Relevant scriptures are John 12:12-13; Psalm 118:25-28; Rev 7:9-12. In John 12:12-13 and Rev 7:9-12 the people shouted Hosanna and waived palm branches. 

Hosanna is a word from Hebrew that is commonly used as an exclamation of adoration, praise or joy. In the Old Testament, it is applied only in scripture as "help" or "save, I pray." In the New Testament, the word Hosanna appears to be a "special kind of respect" referred to the one who saves (Source: https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/hosanna-in-the-bible/).

The palm tree is a symbol of triumph, victory over death. Palms grow in the desert and overcome the arid climate. Deborah sat under a palm tree as a judge in Israel and received the strategy to overcome her enemies (Source: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2012%3A12-13&version=TPT)

Declarations: God is my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble (Psalm 46:1).The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold (Psalm 18:1). Yeshuah is my Salvation (Matthew 1:21). When this corruptible body has put on incorruption, and this mortal body has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory" (1 Corinthians 15:54). God gives me wisdom which my adversaries will not be able to resist (Luke 21:15).

No comments:

Post a Comment