Friday, July 18, 2014

The Devil Didn't Make You Do It!

I am completing this week's Sunday school lesson during my lunch break. Q:How would you define temptation? My response: Opportunities to do sinful things the unregenerated part of one's being wants to do. Scriptural reference: James 1:13-15 "When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;  but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death." My Prayer: Father I praise You for You are Great and greatly to be praised.  I thank You for Your tender mercies and loving kindness.  See me through the blood of the Lamb. Forgive me for the many sins I commit daily. Hear my prayer. Father give me the mind of Christ. Draw me nearer to You. Give me a heart of flesh. Cause the desires of my heart to align with Your word, will and way. Lead me not into temptation,  but deliver me from evil.  For thine is the kingdom, the power, and glory forever. In Jesus' mighty, matchless and majestic name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Lyn, what dones this mean? Give me a heart of flesh

    ReplyDelete