Thursday, April 28, 2022

Honoring Mom

As we approach Mother's Day, May 8 let's give honor to the mothers who God used to shape and mold us.  Biologically speaking we only have one mother of course. Yet I  recognize that I am who I am because of the impartations and deposits of the graces from SEVERAL women. So I have SEVERAL "moms."  To name a few SIGNIFICANT women in my life,  there's my St. Philip AME Church mom who also earned a Doctor of Education. She's hilarious, a straight, sharp shooter and seer.  

There's my  AME mom who was my first pastor after I  rededicated my life to the Lord. Her name is listed in record books. She's been used mightily by God. She's accomplished professionally and academically. Yet she is so meek and humble. She has a heart of gold, a powerful evangelistic grace and glory-filled healing ministry. There's my Ghanaian mom who is hospitable, joyful, gracious, giving, and kind. My Yoruba (Southwest Nigeria) mom who has the grace to regularly fast (water only) for 40 days or more at a time (she refers to times of fasting and intense prayer as being on the Prayer Mountain) , is a powerful intercessor and worship leader. 

There's my Igbo (Southeast Nigeria) mom who is also my mother in the Lord. If I've prayed for you, if God added to your family through my prayers, ministry and/or intercession, if I've ministered deliverance to you,  ministered the prophetic word of the Lord to you, rebuked you, rolled up on you out of the blue when you were out of order 😂, counseled you- especially in relationships or ministered inner healing to you-  these are SOME of the MANY graces imparted to me through her beginning in 2008 that have been watered by others over the years. If led, you may sow into Ap. Dr. Joy Ibe's ministry. She and her ministry are EXCELLENT ground in which to sow. 🙏🏾 There's my Jewish mom who is wise, industrious, skillful and frugal.  

There's my grandma Pearl mom who was a prayerful Titus 2 mother in her family, church, and community. And of course there's my mom mom Pr. Mrs. Virginia Cheevers who never ceases to pray for me. Why am I sharing? Honoring ALL of these women of God as mothers does NOT dishonor any ONE of them. Give honor where honor is due. There's enough HONOR and LOVE to go around. What mothers can you intentionally extend honor to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment